/Glitch Festival 2017
Raspberry Pi for Gallery Install with Robin Price
Saturday May 13th, 10.00am – 1.00pm, €10
The Raspberry Pi can be set up for all kinds of gallery related uses.
It can function as:
– a media player that will automatically boot up and seamlessly loop videos.
– a computer vision device for telling when people are moving in a gallery space and where they are, setting off sounds / videos or even controlling other electrical devices in response.
– a medium for interactive or generative digital art, reading in data from sensors or the internet and controlling graphics / sound and electronics in response.
In this workshop we will cover:
– how to set up your Raspberry Pi as a high quality media player that will automatically boot up seamlessly loop all the videos presented to it on a USB stick.
– how to wire a simple sensor to the Pi and use it to trigger a video playing to response to someone moving in a gallery space.
Experience of Arduino and Processing is recommended. Participants should bring your own pi, laptop and a network cable.